Monday 17 August 2009

Linzi and FUSE sign global record deal / Daily Mail

Have you seen the latest Stoppard play? She rocks!

Linzi Stoppard: £1million record deal


When Linzi Stoppard - daughter-in-law of playwright Sir Tom Stoppard - was dragged to her first violin lesson at the age of four, her mother Jenny hoped she might be the next Yehudi Menuhin.
But now the 30-year-old leggy violinist has fulfilled a rather more rock 'n' roll dream. Her band, FUSE, in which she plays alongside fellow violinist Ben Lee, have signed a £1 million recording deal with rock label Edel, whose roster of artists include
, Prince and Deep Purple.
'My mum would have preferred me to go down the classical route - that's why she got me into violin - but we wanted to sign to a rock label,' says Linzi.


'My dad was into the Rolling Stones, and when I was 20 I realised I could make the electric violin sound like a guitar, and combined the two Read more:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1196127/Speaker-pay-Tory-donor.html#ixzz0ORz498Q0

No comments: